BELMONT HOUSE WORKSHOPS AND ROOM HIRE
The building has been the home of spiritual and religious worship in Stockport for over 100 years. It began life in 1907 when the foundation stone was laid for the Baker Street Mission. In the Methodist tradition, it eventually joined forces with the Congregational Church to become a United Reformed Church.
Belmont House has been owned and managed by the School of Philosophy since 2004 and is the main study centre in South Manchester for the School of Practical Philosophy and Meditation, where courses on Self Development through Practical Philosophy are held 5 nights a week.